advantages and disadvantages of using different kinds of
One of the most common things that are needed for
aromatherapy is a diffuser. This is an accessory that is used
to diffuse essential
oils that are primarily consumed in an aromatherapy
session. Today, there are so many kinds of aromatherapy
diffusers available on the market. They come in various shapes,
sizes, colors, styles, and types of materials.
However, not all diffusers are surefire hits in terms of
safety. The following are just some of the most commonly used
aromatherapy diffuses out there with their advantages and
1.Candle diffusers. These are considered as
one of the cheapest and most convenient to use aromatherapy
diffusers out there. It comes with a candle and a small plate
where the essential oil should be placed. It comes in various
sizes and colors.
- Advantages: They are cheap. They come in many styles to
choose from. They are available almost everywhere in health
stores and aromatherapy shops. They do not consume electricity.
You don't need to spend money to buy batteries.
- Disadvantages: Utmost care is needed when using it because
it can easily cause a fire. You need lots of replacement
candles on hand to ensure sustainability. Candle diffusers can
destroy the therapeutic properties of the essential oil
especially when not used properly.
2. Fan diffusers. This is basically a small
fan used to blow the essential oil into the air with the help
of a pad or tray that is disposable. They come in different
shapes, sizes, designs, and styles.
- Advantages: You can choose from a wide range of styles and
different brands. It is effective in diffusing the aroma of
essential oils into large areas.
- Disadvantages: They require large amounts of electricity.
You need to replace pads very often. They are too noisy
especially if it has accumulated lots of dust.
3. Electric heat diffusers. This is quite
similar to fan diffusers only it comes in a more convenient
- Advantages: This is effective in diffusing fragrance in
larger rooms. It can efficiently diffuse the aroma even of
those hard to diffuse essential oils such as patchouli or
- Disadvantages: You may not achieve the therapeutic
benefits of the essential oil because heat can destroy some of
4. Clay pot diffusers. They are made of
terracotta and come in various. It comes with a cork and an
opening for the essential oils.
- Advantages: These are cheap. They are environmentally
friendly. They are easy to use. You don't need electricity or
batteries to operate them.
- Disadvantages: The aroma is short lived. It can easily break
if used too often.